openEQUELLA is a digital repository that provides a single platform to house your teaching and learning, research, media, and library content.
openEQUELLA has been deployed for copyright resource collections, research materials, managing and exposing materials through websites and portals, content authoring, workflow, institutional policy and organizational resources. openEQUELLA is currently in use in a wide range of schools, universities, colleges, TAFEs, departments of education, government agencies, and corporations worldwide.
With over 15 years of history, openEQUELLA is a mature solution written for the Java platform. In its recent history, openEQUELLA was proprietary software licensed to adopters by Pearson. EQUELLA is now available as open source software via Apereo. Learn more about Equella and Apereo here.
Join the Community
- Apereo Equella Google Group - Join the openEQUELLA user mailing list and interact with other users.
- openEQUELLA Community Repo - Public openEQUELLA instance, open for use by the openEQUELLA user community to share resources, tips and tricks, custom scripts, etc.
- openEQUELLA Twitter Page - Follow openEQUELLA on Twitter.
- Community Governance Model - Rules related to the Project Management Committee (PMC).
- Documentation Guidelines - Information about openEQUELLA GitHub repository documentation.
- Oracle DB
Administrative and User Guides
- Administration Console Package Guide
- Installation and Administration Guide
- Administration Overview Guide
- Managing Institutions
- Security Administration Guide
- LDAP Configuration Guide
- Mobile App Configuration Guide
- Features Guide Version 6.4
- Collection Definitions Editor Configuration Guide
- Contribution User Guide
- Manage Resources User Guide
- Reporting Guide
- Wizard Controls Reference Guide
- Advanced Scripting Guide
- Discoverability Guide
- Harvester Profile Configuration Guide
- HTML Editor Plug-in Guide
- Remote Repositories Configuration Guide
- Clustering Configuration Guide
- Embedded Metadata Extraction User Guide
- Metadata Schema Configuration Guide
- Hierarchy Configuration Guide
- Language Settings Configuration Guide
- Copyright Configuration Guide
- Copyright Resources Management User Guide
- Dynamic Collections Guide
- Searching User Guide
- Advanced Search Configuration
- Glossary of Terms
2019.1 Feature Guide
2018.2 Feature Guide
6.6 Features Guide
6.5 Release guides (PDF)
Release Testing Guides
- Integrations landing page